Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Post in Which I Write My Thoughts On Ernest Hemingway's Short Novel Called The Old Man and the Sea, But Before Reading Past Page 64... So I Am Basically Exactly Half Way Through the Story .. And Here Are My Thoughts

So yesterday I began reading The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway. It is quite short, so I was able to read half of it in two sittings (the first sitting started at 1.. and the second began at 11 at night).

Honestly I expected the book to be MORE boring. Its not as boring as I thought. I don't feel like I'm reading a story yet... I feel like I'm intruding on this poor old man's thoughts. He's always talking to himself, and I feel like the boy should be with him.. not me. I can't help him.

Anyhoo... I think that the old man will have an epic struggle with the sword-fish but in the end he will triumph over the fish. I think that he might die.. or the boy might die.. just because someone always dies in classic literature. But hahahahahah I would like to be wrong.

I want a happy ending for these two characters (the old man and the boy). The fish can die!!

No comments:

Post a Comment