Monday, August 11, 2014

The Post In Which I Write My Thoughts, Specifically Those About Ernest Hemingway - And I Do So Earnestly

This post is saved for AP school work. I will not write anything about my summer adventures. I won't write about the English Adventure Camp, or going to Austria and picking blueberries and hiking on mountains beyond mountains. And I'm certainly not going to go write about the Summer Well music festival that I attended, and all the music groups I saw perform. (PRIDES, The 1975, John Newman, Reptile Youth, Tom Odell, The National, and my favorite BASTILLE).

Oops.. Well I guess I did kinda write about them. But anyway.. this post is for AP English. And I've been doing my homework.

So I read two of the articles about Mr. Ernest Hemingway. 

Iceberg and the short biography. 

Things I learned:

1. He was a journalist.

Cool.

2. He fought in World War I and reported during World War II. 

I think war really shaped his life - emotionally and physically. 

3. He was married 3 or 4 times... and seemed to sleep around a lot. 

BOOOOO!  When I read about his constant infidelity I kept loosing respect for him (because he sounded like a cool guy). 

4. He was a big adventure-lover. 

Pretty cool.

5. He has a very unique writing style.

I am intrigued (and maybe a bit excited) to read his work and see for myself!

6. He committed suicide. :(

I did not know this.


No comments:

Post a Comment